No products in the cart.
2350 Legends Way, Clermont, Florida 34711
Located at the National Training Center
Legends Way Ballfields is located at the National Training Center (NTC) in Clermont, Florida. Considered one of the premier fastpitch complexes in the Southeast United States, the staff at Legends Way strives to set the standard for fastpitch softball.
The facility includes five (5) regulation fastpitch softball fields, including one stadium, five (5) fastpitch batting cages (35’), bus parking, thirteen (13) bullpens, restrooms, concessions, PFX Athletics staff offices, an umpire room (including three private changing stations), maintenance facilities, and the Garden of Gratitude.
There is a fee for admission to events at Legends Way Ballfields. Handstamps are required for re-entry to Legends Way Ballfields. It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that he or she obtains a handstamp upon exit and maintains the ink so it does not rub off. Please refer to your ticket for additional policies regarding admission and re-entry to events held or hosted by PFX Athletics. Please visit our Events Calendar for admission fees for the event you wish to attend.
Places to Stay, Things to Do, and Places to Eat:
Visit our Hospitality Page for information on lodging options (including hotels and short-term vacation home rentals) as well as places to eat and things to do in and around Legends Way Ballfields. When coming to Legends Way, remember that the business partners who work with us support our programs and the future of fastpitch softball. Let them know you appreciate all they do for PFX Athletics, the community, and your daughter by supporting their business while you are in town! To learn more about how our mission and what the dollars you spend at Legends Way support, check out Our Mission.
Watch this video for a tour of Legends Way Ballfields:
Produced by FastpitchTV
To find out more about the events held at Legends Way, check out our Events Calendar. If you want to host an event at Legends Way Ballfields, email Bob Borak (BBorak@PFXAthletics.com) to check pricing and availability.
- Play and spectate at your own risk. Spectators be aware of errant balls. The National Training Center, PFX Athletics, South Lake Hospital and Lake Sumter Community College assume no liability for injury or damage that occurs at Legends Way Ballfields arising out of or related to softball activities, negligence, violence, or actions of persons other than PFX Athletics employees.
- No Hitting or Throwing balls into Fences or Netting and no hitting or pitching of any kind on the grass area of the playing fields.
- No Smoking or Tobacco Products on Complex property. Smokers must move to the parking lot and be sure to throw all cigarette butts in the exterior trashcans.
- No Alcoholic Beverages.
- No Firearms or Weapons unless authorized by law.
- No Pets.
- Legends Way Ballfields provides concessions for all events. Teams are allowed one (1) team cooler. Catered delivery services must be coordinated through the Concessions provider.
- No Parking in Fire Zone or Inside of Drop Off Circle.
- No Skating, Skateboarding, Inline Skating, Bikes or Scooters.
- No Gum, Sunflower Seeds, or other nuts with shells at any area inside the Park perimeter fence.
- No Profanity.
- No Unsportsmanlike Conduct. Acts can result in Ejection, Expulsion from the Park and/or Arrest.
- No Unauthorized Individuals on 2nd Floor Balcony or Offices.
- No Glass Containers.
- No Trespassing. Legends Way Ballfields is Private Property; violators will be Prosecuted.
- PFX Athletics Equipment shall not be Removed from the Softball Complex.
- Notify PFX Athletics Staff of any Unsafe Field or Complex Conditions immediately.
- In the Event of Lightning, All Coaches, Athletes and Spectators must Immediately Leave the Field and Seek Shelter in their Automobiles.
- Absolutely no Cleats of any kind in Batting Cage.
- In Case of Emergency, Immediately Call 911.
PFX Athletics reserves the right to take video and still photos of all events at Legends Way Ballfields and ancillary sites associated with PFX Athletics events. By attending these events, you agree that your name, image, and/or likeness may be used by PFX Athletics for media and promotions arising out of and related to these events and that the materials produced by PFX Athletics or its affiliates is the sole property of PFX Athletics.
Legends Way Quotes
“Excellence never blinks. Competitive Greatness shows up for every game, inning, out and pitch.”
~ Sue Enquist, Coaching Legend, UCLA, 11x National Champion, 5x Hall of Fame
“Love it, Dream it, Live it!”
~ Jessica Mendoza, 2x Olympian, Gold Medalist, Professional Softball Player, World Champion
“Never Be Satisfied!”
~ Lisa Fernandez, 3x Olympic Gold Medalist, World Champion
“To win the game is great but to love the game is the greatest victory of all.”
~ Margie Wright, Third
winningest coach in NCAA history
In consideration for your admission to Legends Way Ballfields (the “Park”), you agree to assume all risks incidental to the use of the Park (which may include, among other things, injury from sports-related activities, falls, and Park conditions). You acknowledge that you will inspect all areas of the Park that you visit and immediately advise a PFX Athletics official of any condition you deem unsafe. By entering this Park, you release PFX Athletics, South Lake Hospital, Lake Sumter State College, and the Event Organizer from any and all liability for damages or injury arising out of or related to your use of the Park. You also agree to comply with all Park Rules published online and/or at the Park.
COLLEGIATE EVENT INFORMATION:
Team bus parking is available on the hill between Legends Way and the soccer fields at the NTC. Team van designated parking is available at the batting cage pavilion area. Players and Coaches should enter through the side gate next to the batting cage pavilion; fans and spectators are not permitted to enter through the side gate (this includes VIPs on the coaches’ pass list). Participating teams and tournament personnel should park in these designated areas.
Participant Entrance & Credentials.
All teams will be issued passes for their Coaches, Players, other team personnel (e.g., SID, AD, Scorekeeper), and VIPs for entrance to all the parks. Access can be denied without having the proper passes. Credentials will be provided to your team at check in.
Players and Coaches should enter through the side gate by the batting cages (Tunnels 1-4). The Site Supervisor will be at the side gate with your credentials.
Water and Ice.
Water coolers will be in each dugout at each complex. Teams must supply their own cups or bottles. Ice for injuries will be located underneath the stairs at the center building (by Field 3); you will need to supply your own bags.
Shower facilities are available at the National Training Center and the Clermont Arts and Recreation Center by reservation only. Arrangements must be made with a Site Supervisor at least seventy-two (72) hours in advance of your team’s requested shower day/time. There is a fee of $3.00 per person for use of the shower facilities.
There are men’s and women’s restrooms in the center building of the quad. For your convenience, we have also hired two (2) portable toilets for the warmup area next to the side gate and two (2) portable toilets for Field 5.
Designated Warm Up Areas.
PFX Athletics has provided designated warm up stations (including backstops) for Legends Way between the parking lot and Field 3 and between Field 4 and Field 5. Please refer to the site layout for Legends Way for the warm up area for your game field.
Legends Way has ten (10) batting tunnels. Tunnels 1-4 are covered and located in the red building between the parking area and Field 2. Metal spikes are not permitted in the undercover batting cages.
Power Sources and Wireless Internet
Stadium Field 1: Power is against the outside of the dugouts. You will want to bring an extension cord to use the power at the Stadium field.
Fields 2-4: Power is located behind each backstop at the SID tent.
Field 5: Power on field 5 is located between the backstop and the first base dugout at the SID tent.
Wi-Fi is not available for public use. Generally speaking, guests at Legends Way tend to be able to use their own personal “hot spots” for wireless internet.